7 Things You Don't Know About Semi-Trucks
1. It’s possible to find a great used semi truck without having to leave your home. Online marketplaces are the perfect method to start your search, especially when you work with a company that offers shipping and financing.
2. Selling a used semi truck? You can do that online, too! A service that lists lots of photos of your truck, as well as videos, work history, and other important information, gives potential buyers all of the info they need to make a decision.
3. You know trucks are larger than cars, but did you know just how big the difference is? The average semi truck is 20 to 30 times heavier than a car, and its engine is about six times larger.
4. Your semi truck is not just larger than a car, it’s more durable. A semi truck engine will last for about 800,000 more miles than a car engine, meaning a used semi truck is still going to offer you lots of road time.
5. A jackknife is something every semi truck driver wants to avoid, but did you know what, exactly, makes it a jackknife? There must be a 45-degree angle between the tractor and trailer, at the kingpin, for this to take place. If you buy a used semi truck, make sure you work with a company that will give you a full report on any accidents and incidents each truck has experienced.
6. Semi trucks are pricey! The cab of the rig costs about $130K to $180K brand new and new trailers range from $30K to $80K. With this in mind, you can see why used semi trucks are budget friendly.
7. In Canada, Alberta has the highest number of semi trucks registered, followed by Ontario. No matter where you live, you can have a used semi delivered to you!